|Internet Marketing ExecutiveGo to Job Profile Index Page|
(Powered by Google-group)
|Job title : Internet Marketing Executive
Questions being asked in the interview :
1.What is email marketing? What are the types of email marketing?
Ans.Email marketing is directly marketing by using electronic mail as the communication medium for commercial marketing or advertising to a group of people at a time. This internet marketing strategy generally works by using emails to send ads, request business or solicit sales or donations and any form of email communication that is meant to built customer interest, loyalty and increasing the current customer base. It basically aims at encouraging ‘repeat business'.
2.What aspects of the internet does internet marketing encompass?
Ans.Internet marketing doesn’t only mean marketing on the internet. It has a broad scope as it also includes marketing done via e-mail and wireless media. Digital customer data and electronic customer relationship management systems(ECRM) are often grouped together under internet marketing. It encompasses also the creative and technical aspects of the internet like design, development, advertising and sales. It also refers to the placement of media along the various different stages of the customer engagement cycle through search engine marketing(SEM), search engine optimization(SEO), banner ads, email marketing, mobile advertising and Web 2.0 strategies.
3.What is SEO?
Ans.SEO stands for search engine optimization and is a part of internet marketing. SEO is a method by which the visibility of a website or a web page is increased on search engine. It is done to increase the visits on the site as more frequently and high the website appears on a search engine, more will be the visitors visiting it. SEO is the study of how the search engines operate and how it can be used to increase visibility of a website or a web page. SEO involves the following practices
- Editing the content and the associated HTML coding.
- Optimizing the keywords strength in the content.
- Assigning relevant and keyword specific title tags and other meta tags.
- Increasing the number of back links and inbound links.
4.What are the advantages of internet marketing?
Ans.The advantages of internet marketing are as follows:
1. Large audience.
3. Availability of various options making it convenient for the customer to research through products and services available and then make a purchase.
4. Statistics can be measured more easily due to availability of various tools.
5. Various advertising methods available such as:
- Pay per click
- Pay per impression
- Pay per play
- Pay per action
6. Trends of e marketing and their results can be studied easily.
5.What are the limitations of internet marketing?
Ans.The limitations of internet marketing are as follows:
1. As the products and services offered are not tangible they can not be touched, tasted or smelled before purchasing.
2. The quality and authentication of the product and services offered online cannot be confirmed and thus uncertainty always persists.
3. Product seen online at times differs from what is finally delivered.
4. As the products are delivered by carriers there is a huge dependency on courier companies which might delay the delivery or lead to product damage while transaction.
5. To purchase a product online personal details need to be entered such as card details and personal information which are vulnerable to leaks.
6.List the various types of internet marketing.
Ans.The various types of internet marketing include:
- Display advertising
- Search engine marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Referral marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Inbound marketing
(Written on: 21.10.2015)