|Manager / Executive - Online Marketing, B2B Sales & Marketing Go to Job Profile Index Page|
(Powered by Google-group)
Titles: Marketing Managers / Executives- B2B, Online Marketing Managers / Executives, Online Sales Managers / Executives...
What is B2B?
Business-to-business (B2B) describes commerce transactions between businesses, such as between a manufacturer and a wholesaler, or between a wholesaler and a retailer. Contrasting terms are business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-government (B2G). B2B branding is a term used in marketing.
B2B is also used in the context of communication and collaboration. Many businesses are now using social media to connect with their consumers (B2C); however, they are now using similar tools within the business so employees can connect with one another. When communication is taking place amongst employees, this can be referred to as "B2B" communication.
Differences between B2B and B2C
The main difference between B2B and B2C is who the buyer of a product or service is. The purchasing process is different in both cases and the following is a list of key differences between them.
This role will be responsible for driving the commercial and marketing success of B2B brands.
As Product Marketing Manager for b2b, you will be responsible for the development of commercial product and marketing strategies that will drive revenue growth and brand equity.
As such, your core remit will be to identify and develop new commercial opportunities via the launch of new products and programmes, work alongside the sales team to create compelling commercial and market propositions, and develop marketing prog rammes focused on driving brand awareness and equity among clients and key stakeholders.
Brand management teams, including editors
Senior Marketing Executive
Marketing Design team
Commercial Director and sales team.
Main tasks/responsibilities: Employing your in-depth knowledge of the b2b sector, you will help drive the development of new products as well as the creation of new alternative offline revenue streams.
To achieve this you will be responsible for: Regularly assessing performance of existing programmes/solutions and finding new methods for increasing yield.
Working with the Publishing Director/Commercial Director to create a commercial development roadmap for your brands that meets new revenue targets .Developing successful market proposition, pricing and go-to-market strategies for these new commercial products/programmes.
Creating all relevant go-to-market collateral and communication programmes to support new product/programme launches.
To help us capitalize on revenue opportunities, you will also play a key role in the development of the RFP business for your brands:
You will be responsible – alongside the appointed sales representative - for the creation of all major RFP propositions that require integrated marketing programmer, including:
- Ensuring we have a full, detailed brief of requirements from the client
- Developing the commercial proposition and programmes that most closely match the requirements of the brief
- Working alongside relevant departments – such as project management and ad operations – to ensure that the proposition can be successfully delivered by the business and achieves required yield.
- Compiling and gaining stakeholder sign-off of the RFP proposal for presentation to client and any subsequent re-proposals
- Monitoring and tracking overall performance of all RFPs managed. You will also work alongside the Commercial Director to streamline and perfect the campaign pitch and RFP process for your brands. You will also help us to identify and develop the most effective commercial and marketing strategies at client level by: Working as part of a task team to actively seek and explore new campaign and business opportunities with our clients, ensuring that we are increasingly appearing on their media campaign schedules. Developing bespoke marketing programmes and propositions aimed at strengthening relationships and driving yield or new business growth.
Team responsibilities: As an important part of the brand team, you will be expected to forge strong, productive working relationships with all members of the team becoming a vital contributor in group brand decision-making. You will help to foster marketing expertise and marketing best practice within the company by sharing your knowledge and insight across the marketing team and supporting in-team development programmes.
Person Specification: Previous experience in product marketing, business development or in a marketing role focused on driving commercial development in a b2b environment essential - ideally obtained in similar industries.
Proven commercial acumen – with a track record for developing commercial solutions and marketing strategies that have driven business and client growth. Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
– and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications. Direct experience in developing commercial propositions and communications preferred. Outstanding interpersonal and team skills with a gift for developing strong working relationships and generating credibility, trust and respect throughout the company. An innovator and strategic thinker who can think outside the box to deliver innovative marketing and product solutions that will shape the media industry. Strong project management skills and the ability to co-ordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Marketing or business qualification preferred.
Competencies for Success:
Business / commercial acumen.
Understanding others / interpersonal savvy.
Drive for results.
Learning on the fly.
(Written on: 14.09.2014)